Are we off to Oslo in 2010?

I am a little depressed today after my country, Ireland, failed to qualify for the final. I was confident they would as it was a pretty catchy song, but the voters didn't agree although of course, people are talking "Bloc voting" all the time now, but I feel the best 10 got through last night.

Anyway I have to say the 2 semi finals this year were quite enjoyable. The presenters were however a complete joke. It was clear they were not picked for their brains or presenting abilities! Their french made no sense aswell. They are for sure the worst presenters in living memory. Thank god they are not there on Saturday for the final. Also I also want to say that camera views for the contest are quite messy. Why can't they just do the basic things!!

I have to say I was quite happy with the 20 songs that got through to the Final. Notice that silly entries like Serbia and Czech Republic did not go through, makes a welcome change. Its great to see ballads winning the hearts of the public. Brilliant songs from Iceland, Estonia and Croatia. I know there is many more. Rumours are suggesting that Sweden and Croatia were saved by the jury in Semi Final 1 and 2. Something that I am not surprised about.

So who is going to win?
Unless your head was stuck in the ground, Norway is hot favourite to win, although I am unsure. Last year I was right when I said Russia, but this year I am unsure. I would love a Big 4 country to win or Iceland. Bosnia - Herzegovina would also be a country I would love to win.

If Norway do win, it will break up the 8 years of wins from countries who won the contest for the first time - Estonia (2001), Latvia (2002), Turkey (2003), Ukraine (2004), Greece (2005), Finland (2006), Serbia (2007) and Russia (2008).

-

Comments

  1. once again votin 4 neighbours... ireland and uk shud pull out coz wer never gona stand a chance! ITS A DISGRACE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who keep going on about block voting are just sore losers. For goodness sake, you have to remember that a scandinavian country, for instance, will put in music with a scandanavian feel, and therefore other scandinavian countries who are used to scandinavian music will vote for the music they like, and that, I'm afraid to say, will be scandinavian.

    Oh and before you ask, no I'm not scandinavian. I'm British. Yes that comes from a country which didn't win. And no we didn't win, but we didn't lose. We did amazingly and to be frank when the Eastern block win, it's because their music is better than ours for the contest. This year, as I predicted, was much more western influenced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish Ireland would even get through to the final at least.. But again, Ireland had to make the crappy decision and send a stupid Hannah Montana like, all-girl band to the semis. Just like 2008, with that stupid turkey!
    I really do enjoy the Eurovision, and it would be really good if Ireland got through, as there would be more viewers. Oh by the way,Congrats to Norway and Alexander Rybak for winning. I love the song!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OFFICIAL: The 2008 results of the Turkish back up jury

Kosovo: RTK wants to enter Eurovision as soon as possible